Start with a clean slate by decluttering your home. Here are some tips:
1) Begin with a room you can finish in a day. The goal is completion!
2) Schedule the day or weekend into your calendar.
3) Organize bins/bags into the following (Keep, Sell, Donate, Recycle, Trash).
4) Separate items into those categories. Remember that 20% of what you have you use 80% of the time.
5) Then look at your “Keep” pile and organize into frequency of use (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Occasionally, Never Use)
6) Review and get rid of more things in the “Occasionally” and “Never Use” piles.
7) Create a continuing schedule of cleaning and straightening of that room.
8) Do one room at a time, easiest to most difficult, until the house is clean and tidy!
For Sale / All Types