A Healthy Image
When we think about who we are, I’m sure we tabulate a list of positives and negatives. We think about our talents and our shortcomings. We replay the happy moments and disgraceful failures over and over again in the theatre of our minds. But honestly, does all of that really matter? What we think of ourselves is probably not all that important to others. The only thing that matters to others is how they have lived better because of us.
Knowing that our life really only has meaning when it benefits someone else, the following tips will help us maintain a healthy image for ourselves and those around us.
* Integrity. We are most confident when our thoughts and actions are in sync. This is when our beliefs determine how we act. Striving for integrity will give us a healthier image.
* Manage your emotions. Our emotions have a tendency to influence those around us. It is good if we’re always happy, but this not likely the case. By being aware of our anger or negative attitude, we can work at managing these emotions to maintain a positive image.
* Accept others as they are. Everyone we know has a role to play in our life whether we like them the most or the least. No one will feel like an outcast if we find a place for them to belong. This means accepting a person with all of their flaws, improving both their image and ours.
* Give what you have. We each have an area of abundance which we are blessed with. This might be in the areas of finances, resources, or wisdom. These areas will always be full, because it just comes naturally to us. Give generously and you will see an increase in your area of abundance and your image.
* Examine yourself. We can get carried way with who we think we are if we don’t stop to examine ourselves. Consider who you are and how you’ve benefited the life of others on a weekly basis. Who knows, we might find out that we’re better than we thought.