Protect personal information when sharing a computer with coworkers or in public with these cautionary steps:
1. Never login to your online banking system with public internet connections such as terminals in airports and libraries.
2. If you have to check your email or other password-protected accounts, do not have the internet browser save your login details. If prompted, select “Don’t save” or “No”.
3. Erase internet history as you end any session online.
4. Disable the automated feature that fills in a form based on the first few letters you type, which should be under your internet browser settings.
5. Empty the recycle or trash bin on the desktop or email program before you leave.