Quick add-ons that will maximize a small space:
• Get bottles off the sides of the tub with a toiletries organizer.
• Expand elbow room: Install a curved shower-curtain rod.
Little changes that will have a big impact:
• Swap out the toilet seat.
• Replace your showerhead. WaterSense-labeled ones could save your home 2,300 gallons of water a year.
• Re-caulk the tub or sink. Discolored caulk makes a bathroom look dirty even when it’s not.
Ambitious, but still easy:
• Put down a new floor. It’s easier than you’d think. Armstrong self-adhesive vinyl floor tiles can be cut to fit with a utility knife. Peel off the backing and stick right atop the existing floor.
• Dress up the mirror. Add a frame from Mirror Mate, or, if you have a medicine cabinet, consider replacing it.
Not handy? Try one of these chic, simple trade-ups:
• A New Shower Curtain.
• Luxe Towels.
• A Fresh Bath Mat.