As the holidays approach, many of us are planning to travel, either over the Thanksgiving weekend or to visit family and friends during the season. Keep this checklist handy to help make leaving home easier.
- Stop mail and newspaper delivery.
- Discard perishables in the fridge.
- Keep a list of essentials inside your suitcase to take the guesswork out of packing.
- If you travel often, keep a second set of toiletries for packing.
- Pack outfits individually to make sure you don't forget items.
- Consider packing only what you can't buy at your destination.
- Unplug Electronics
- Charge all cell phones and electronic devices.
- Pack chargers and cords.
- Turn off power strips to computers and TVs.
- Unplug coffee maker, iron, toaster, hair dryer and small appliances.
- Mute the telephone ringer.
- Make the Home Appear Occupied
- Stagger timers on lights in multiple rooms, and leave blinds or drapery partially open so home appears to be occupied.
- Make sure windows and doors are locked.
- Notify a neighbor or family member of trip and give them your contact information.
- Always take a printed copy of your itinerary.
If you have any questions on real estate on Oahu, please contact us at www.choicehomeshawaii.com | 888-988-6248